Check out the competition!
- Click here to see the list of current entrants
- Click here to see an interactive map of entrant’s home towns!
Schedule of Events
See Events Page
- Learn about the hours of operation, dining, parking, transportation, and when you can get a drink at the bar! Click Here for more information.
The Water Taxi will be operating during the regatta between ABYC and LBYC. This service will be provided on Friday and Saturday evenings:
- Friday 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Saturday 4:30 pm – 9:00 pm
- Sunday – No Service
Docking Information for Visiting Yachts
If you require a mooring for the event, please contact the Waterfront Director at LBYC: firstname.lastname@example.org or 562-493-5173
Types of Racing
One Design, and PHRF Buoy Racing
Buoy racing for One Design and PHRF fleets on three racing areas; Alpha, Bravo and Charlie, each with separate race committees. Alpha and Bravo will be Ocean courses with racing beyond the Federal Breakwater in the Pacific Ocean. Charlie will be located inside the Federal Breakwater between Islands Chaffee, Freeman and White.
Random Leg PHRF and ORCA
The Long Beach Race Week random leg courses will be run over a course around San Pedro Bay using fixed navigational points, providing a variety of beating, reaching, and running. The races will be of longer distance and greater duration than the buoy racing.
Yacht Club Challenge
In addition to individual awards, this year’s competition will include the Yacht Club Challenge Trophy. Teams must be comprised of three yachts, which can be from either a single yacht club, or from geographically recognized regions; such as the Pacific Northwest, Gulf Coast, British Columbia or Texas.
To enter your team, after you have registered for the event, please complete the Yacht Club Challenge Entry Form
Golison & Kent Family Trophy
Entry forms and information for the Golison & Kent Family Trophy
- Notice Of Race (NOR)
- Sailing Instructions (SI) (?)
- Sailing Instruction Changes*
- Attachment B – Random Leg Courses
- Addendum Q Modification Approval Letter
- Addendum Q – Catalina 37 class
- PHRF Class Splits
- General Notices
Protests, Jury Questions, Crew & Equipment Substitutions, Scoring Inquiries
- File a Protest
- Submit Question for the Jury
- Submit Crew Substitution Request
- Submit Equipment Substitution Request
- Submit Scoring Inquiry
- Submit Penalty Report
- Protest Hearing Schedule
- Protest Decisions
- Answers to Jury Questions
- Crew Substitutions
- Equipment Substitutions
- Scoring Inquiries
- Penalty Reports